Monday, March 30, 2009

Who's Yo Mama: Breaking in the Waffle Maker

After all that spice, Lulu & I needed something Sugary & Nice. We decided to bust out the new Hello Kitty Waffle Maker. I used whole wheat flour, egg whites, brown sugar, butter, almond extract & RICE MILK! SO flipping FANTASTIC! These were my first waffles. I am never scared of making an impromptu recipe. I used measurements for flour, egg & sugar from a Williams Sonoma Casual Entertaining Cookbook but modified everything to my specific taste & what I had available. I didn't have whole milk but rice milk, didn't have enriched flour, just whole wheat. I added almond & vanilla extracts & I must say this is a KEEPER! Next time I will swap brown sugar for agave & butter for Smart Start & these will be completely GUILT FREE... Lulu & I almost died right then & there! 

Batter UP!

Kitty & friends

 


My plate

Lulu's

No comments:

Post a Comment