Monday, March 30, 2009

Cooked: Spicy Thai Beef Salad

After a glorious nap while watching WALL-E Lulu & I were ready to chow down! I made us Spicy Thai Beef Salad. I bought a wonderful pre-thinly sliced Ribeye for $2 in Little Tokyo. I didn't have any Thai chili peppers so to keep with my Chino-Latino theme marinated the meat & added chipotle & habanero sauce. The dressing I used Sriracha & cilantro... it was num num NUMMERS & Lulu was very impressed. After talking over how we can make it better she suggested using cabbage instead & I TOTALLY agree! 

The lettuce wilted a little from the hot meat & dressing... who am I fooling, it wilted A LOT! For the dressing I used sesame oil, fish sauce, tamari,lime juice, chopped ginger, green onions, schiracha, cilantro, minced garlic & minced shallots. For the salad I used cucumber, tomato, lettuce & scallions... it's Take-Out... IN! Can't thank my friend Lucas C. for introducing me to this wonderful, wonderful recipe! Great with a cold beer or Pinot Grigio GREAT meal in 20 minutes!

The Star Studded Cast: Dressing

Star Studded Cast: I marinated the meat

Star Studded Cast: Salad

Dressing

Cooking in Chili Oil... SPICY!

Pouring the dressing



No comments:

Post a Comment