Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Field Trippin': Koreatown

Tomorrow night I have a hot date with one of my FAVORITE Dan's (yes I have more than one... sue me). I promised to make him Paella. If there is anything I've learned from my last field trip to an Asian Market is they have the BEST seafood, what I love about K-Town though is all the Latinos that live in the area so I can find mad spices I usually have my Mom ship me from Miami... Babygirl even sends me dried Salt Cod so I can make my infamous Bolinho de Bacalao (Cod balls) I love my Mother. She's slamming in the kitchen & her way of shopping & seasoning the meat as soon as she gets home & freezing it is where Single Serving got it's motto.

The market was AMAZING! I highly suggest if you have an Asian, Latin, Persian, Kosher, Armenian, Russian & a European market near you, just grab your ipod & stroll along EVERY aisle. Feel, smell, taste as much as possible & be amazed at how incredibly helpful people are about telling you about their food & culture. I ask SO many questions it's probably the most interaction outside of work I actually have with another human being Single Serving has taken SO much of my time. For a little over $20 I bought Clams, Mussels, Tiger Shrimp, Head On Shrimp & spices... I can't BELIEVE how I scored! I bought some chorizo at the 99 Cent store & use the rest of the marinated chicken from last night's dinner to add to my Paellissima Paella. Enjoy the pics... I had such a BLAST!


You know that God LOVES us, why? Because we have RIBS!!! Heck apparently Woman were created from one & he loves us the most.... HA!


I found a single black bean in a barrel full of black rice, I found it poetic

AH.. Masa... SO going to make Arepas soon!

Ok so I just died & gone to Goya Heaven. When I first moved here I would have my Mom ship most of this stuff out to me from Miami... who knew it was in K-Town the ENTIRE time!

LIVE Halibut... GET OUT! I feel a Yo Mama joke coming on here... "your Mama was so ghetto she took you fishing at the Halibut tank in K-Town!" *snort* NAH... needs more work

Looks like these guys didn't make it, Halibut on the rocks!

OK this is where the fun stopped! CHICKEN FEET... oh my goodness, TOTALLY reminds me of my trip to Haiti & my Mom was mopping these up like they were shrimp... terrible!

OK... seriously they have Chicharron in a Korean Market?!?!?! DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD & your unrealistic body expectations. I will see you puppies soon... AFTER Pilot Season!

Fresh Seaweed... a VAT of fresh seaweed, I can swim in this!

A VAT of Kimchee, my girl Andrea can swim in this naked (nice Kenny)


I SCORED... just realized they didn't charge me for the Mussels & the Tiger Shrimp... ROCK ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment