Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cooked: Potato Au Gratin Chicken & S-MAC-K N Cheese Cupcakes

As promised 411 on my dinner last night. AT EDB's I remembered this really funny story about this cute kid I met at a Talent & Modeling competition in NYC when I was like 14. There was a commercial competition & he had Arnold Drummond cheeks, spiky Blonde hair & a THICK Tennessee accent... smack your Mama cute, this kid was. 

His commercial was for Shake N Bake & Boy do I wish Blogger had an audio option you HAVE to hear how this kid said it! You'll pee yourself for sure. Anywho, I got to thinking when was the last time I had Shake N Bake? 

I've heard about people using potato chips or instant potato flakes to bake crispy chicken. Being a resourceful chick-a-dee I whipped out my trusty food processor & grinded down some instant Potatoes Au Gratin a guest left at my house. I mixed a couple of my FAVORITE chips, Thin & Cripy Habanero Chips. OH MY GRAVY so good! I stumbled upon them at the 99 Cent Store (the one thing I can thank George Bush & this funky economy for right about now). 

I brined some chicken legs I bought at Trader Joe's for $2 & popped in, Ch mac n cheese cupcakes I had in the freezer. Now this is NOT your Mama's mac n cheese these are my S-MAC-K N Cheese!

I've got kielbasa sausage, red & green peppers, 8 different cheeses, spicy seasoning & parmesan crust on top.... better than making out, I tell you! Now since it was my first time experimenting with this I can't tell you enough of how AMAZING it was AND they were BAKED so none of the guilt or the extra 30 minutes on the treadmill.. no Sir ree Bob. I'm a crunch girl, the fact the Gratin potatoes were already super crunchy added such a contrast in texture between the crispy coating & the extremely juicy chicken. This is DEFINITELY a keeper & just goes to show you that life's greatest adventures are in the kitchen. Don't be afraid to try ANYTHING new.



The Star-Studded Cast


Breading Station





Finger lickin' good FOR REAL!


No comments:

Post a Comment