Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brekkie: Guava & Cheese French Toast

Maine has Lobster, New England has Clam Chowder, Philly has it's Cheesteak & Miami's most famous & beloved dish is Guayaba con Queso Pastelitos (Guava & Cream Cheese pastries). Craving my favorite treat & realizing I have 6 eggs left & tomorrow's the expiration date I should pass on my morning oatmeal routine & make something special. I came up with these years ago when I moved to LA before I found out about Porto's bakery in Glendale, this is the first time I've had it on a day other than a Sunday... must tack on an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill, but they are SO worth it! 'NYO!

The Star Studded Cast

Guava... Cheese, pretty self explanatory

Before

After

Bake in the oven to melt Guava paste








No comments:

Post a Comment