Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baked: Guava & Cheese Cupcakes

I wanted to keep with the theme & basically use up the remaining eggs I had left & the rest of the guava & make cupcakes. I took a huge risk by adding Guava Nectar into the mix but hoped the fact I used whole wheat flour would manage it & boy did it. These are the first cupcakes I ever made that I could fill to the top & not worry about it spilling over in the oven, I think the juice made it do that. 

I also added mashed Guava Chunks, seriously softest cupcakes EVER! I do wish I got better paste though, like the one Goya makes. This one had MASSIVE seeds in it, how annoying removing them one by one, but at the end worth it, I made GUAVA CUPCAKES!!! Next time I will use egg replacement or just whites & rice or almond milk to make them a little more guilt free. 

If you want the recipe check it out on my bakespace http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Guava%20&%20Cheese%20Cupcakes/34845/# I think La Reyna Celia Cruz would be proud... AZUCAR! (even though I used agave nectar instead of Azucar... *snort*)

Between My Headphones, Worth Repeating Celia Cruz "La Vida Es Un Carnaval" read the translated lyrics, so amazing! Whoever made this did a GREAT job... ♥ ♥ ♥ long live the Queen! ♥ ♥ ♥



The Star Studded Cast: Guava & Cheese Cupcakes

Guayaba y Queso



SO fun!





Only I would find a way to cut myself making Cupcakes & there's no knife involved in the proces... terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment